Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Take Care

I often leave people with a cheerful "take care!" Only today did I look at the words literally.
To one who gives care most of the time, taking care can be difficult. I went for physical therapy this morning for pain in my neck and the therapist gave me print outs of exercises to do along with a healthy dose of advice: stop reading in bed, raise the computer monitor, get up and do ten sets of these stretches for every hour at the computer--sounded like an awful lot of rules to follow just to limber up my neck, but the therapist said if I didn't do it, I would have a bulging disk, and that sounds like something I don't want.

Three generations of women are living in my house this week. One of my daughters is home on break from college. She offered to cook me a vegan lunch. She heaped my plate with roasted vegetables and a slice of toasted whole grain bread, sat down with me and ate. Then she cleaned up the mess. Eating such wholesome food made me feel a bit healthier. I actually "took care" today, and it was a welcome change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment