Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cackios and Beeps- a story about Billy


Beautiful memories are soothing and best when shared. To honor this sentiment, my week will be devoted to stories about Jule's six children--one story about each child each day-- starting with the oldest, Bill. You will be hearing these stories in my mother's voice as she narrates them to me.

"Our first apartment was in Parkchester, Bronx, NY. My best friend, Kathleen, lived in the next building, and her son Michael, and my Billy were two years old. We used to take the children out in the morning to play in the park, then have lunch together in either of our apartments. One day, we put some Cheerios on their high chairs. Billy said, “I like beeps.” Michael laughed out loud, pointed, and said, “Billy calls Cackios beeps!”

No comments:

Post a Comment