Sunday, May 27, 2012

Serenity


Many people have asked me if my faith has helped me as a caregiver.  I'm often reluctant to answer with more than a short, "Yes."  I have always been private about my faith and yet I consider myself a deeply spiritual person. I pray constantly, for family and friends throughout the day, and every time I hear an ambulance go by. I've tried meditating to quiet the noise in my head, but have not been able to master the practice. The prayer that has helped me most, and that I repeat to myself daily, is this section of the Serenity Prayer.

It's simple, yet profound. I find it comforting as well as informing. This simple prayer helps calm me when I want answers and I'm not sure there are any. What words or meditations help you when you try to destress or need an emotional boost?


No comments:

Post a Comment